The Tiny DevOps Guy - What kind of CTO do you need?
Oshri Cohen is a fractional CTO with a diverse background, currently working with four companies. He joins me on the show to cut through some of the confusion surrounding the Chief Technical Officer role. In this episode:
- The four phases of the CTO role
- How often can the same person satisfy the needs of all four phases? (Spoiler: Very rarely)
- How often can a founding CTO succeed in all four phases?
- A good CTO focuses on his or her strengths, and hires out the rest
- What lead Oshri to start as a fCTO
- Why many, perhaps most, early-stage startups don't need a full-time CTO
- Why a development agency is like a mischievous genie
- Why developers love working with a fCTO
- What could you do with the 150k you'd save by hiring a fCTO instead of a full-time CTO?
- Tips for becoming an fCTO yourself
Founded with Love in Montreal, Canada, but operates around the world :-)
Book a call to learn more about how Red Corner's CTO as a Service can grow and support your engineering organization today.